photo by Scott Kveton
The Oregonian this morning has an article about Ignite Portland 2 on the cover of the Living (C) section. Laura Oppenheimer is the author. There is also an online version of the article, posted at OregonLive.com – “Whatâ€™s on your mind? Youâ€™ve got five minutes …,” although you will see from the photo that Scott Kveton took above, the print version is worth the trip to the store to buy a copy for $0.50. There are a few people whose names were not mentioned in The Oregonian article who have been a big help with Ignite Portland planning – Scott Kveton, Adam Duvander, Aaron Hockley, Ann Marcus, the rest of the board of Legion of Tech, Renny Gleeson, and a whole host of volunteers who help from crowd control to cleanup and everything else that needs to be done to make Ignite Portland operate smoothly. Thank you!
If you’re just finding out about Ignite Portland 2 from the article in The Oregonian – WELCOME! The event is open to all. Here’s some quick information about the event – we hope to see you there!
* Doors open at 5:15pm and admission is always FREE. We are recommending that you get there early as there is always a possibility that we hit the fire code limit again this time. For the first Ignite Portland event, we hit fire code at 297 people over at the beautiful Wieden+Kennedy space in NE Portland. We had to move the venue this time to accommodate more people. The Bagdad will hold 580 sitting, and I think we can get around 700 total people in there.
* We are hoping to get an attendance count prior to the night of the event for planning purposes. If you have a few minutes, it would help us if you’d visit our page on Upcoming, and add yourself to the RSVP list. You do not have to RSVP to attend, but this process helps us in terms of event planning and logistics.
* Make sure you take a look at the agenda for the event. For Ignite Portland 2, we’ll have 14 speakers and an intro on ‘What is Ignite?’ for the newcomers. You can also check out videos from the first event to get a sense for how this all works.
* Ignite Portland will continue on a regular basis. We’ve already begun work on Ignite Portland 3, and will share details on the third event the night of February 5th at Ignite Portland 2.
* If you’re inspired to submit a presentation idea for the next Ignite Portland, please be patient for a few more weeks until we get the submission form back online for the next event. We look forward to your submission!
* This event is supported by our wonderful sponsors – you can check out the list on the right sidebar of this site. Thank you, sponsors!
We look forward to seeing you at Ignite Portland 2!