I’m very pleased to announce our final selections for Ignite Portland 3. A total of 51 talks were submitted, all from smart, passionate people. We had to whittle them down to 13, trying to keep a balance of topics and people. I’m so excited to see every one of these presentations, and can’t wait for you all to be there with me!
And here they are:
5:30 Doors Open
6:00 Registration & Networking
7:00 Presentations Wave 1
- What is Ignite?
- How to buy a car for under $1,000 – Kevin Fox
- Making Sense of Carbon Offsets – Ewan O’Leary
- The Evolution of our Social Brains – Jenny Andrews
- Make Cranes, Not War – Nedra Rezinas
- Boiling Water in Five Easy Steps – Vanessa Holfeltz
- Cup Noodle: Innovation, Inspiration and Manga – Jason Grigsby
7:45 Break and Networking
8:10 Door Prizes
8:15 Presentations Wave 2
- Dare to Go Where You Fear – Liz Kimmerly
- Fracking robots, dude! – Sharon Greenfield
- The Consumer and the Egg: Negotiating Ecolabels – Michele Knaus
- How To Run a Startup and Not Lose Your Mind – Eva Schweber
- Talking Trash – Meredith Sorensen
- A Short Course On How to Ride Freight Trains – Gerry Van Zandt
- Don’t get mad, make a video! – Phillip Kerman
9:30 Go Home! (or adjourn to the bar for further networking)
* Minors are required to leave at 9:00 due to OLCC regulations
What a line-up! Cheap cars and facing your fears? Eggs and running startups? Robots, Manga, and riding freight trains? This is why I love Portland.
Be sure to RSVP on Upcoming if you’ll be attending. Even though we ran out of tickets online (in less than 24-hours!) we have saved space for general admission without a ticket starting at 6:15pm. Doors open at 5:30pm for ticketholders!