You’ve perused the talk ideas that were submitted (68 this time). If you were one of the submitters, you’ve agonized and waited to hear word whether we’d have room for your talk on stage at Ignite Portland 6 on July 16. Now, the wait is over. The speakers have all be notified, and here, in alphabetical order (we’ll announce the speaking order later) are the 17 talks that you’ll see on stage at Ignite Portland 6!
- 10 Vegetables that Could Improve Your Sex Life by Jeanne Turner
- Critical life lessons learned from my four years as a hooker by James Keller
- Derailing the Train: How to stop Ignite Portland in its tracks by Reid Beels and Amye Scarvada
- DIY Healthcare in Portland by Sandra Clark
- Everyone needs a little space by Noel Franus
- How to build and program a multitouch display by Todd Greco
- It’s the End of the World As We Know It, and It’s About %#$@& Time! by Uriah Zebadiah
- Massage 2.0: Myofascia-The Real Interweb by Megan Bradley
- My Updated and Revised Commencement Speech to the Graduating Class of 1989 by Andrew Berkowitz
- Sauna Etiquette: Proper Decorum Amongst Naked, Sweaty Strangers by Miki Tokola
- Seven lessons learned while trying to reinvent television news by Aaron Weiss
- The death of authority: a kind of elegy by Eva Miller
- The History of Magic and Technology by Seth Raphael
- The Scandalous Lies I’ve Told My Children by Michael Buffington
- The Webcomic Age or, A Young Geek’s Illustrated Primer by Ben Bleything
- Tips on How to Be a Gentleman From a Guy Wearing Jeans and a Tee Shirt by Chris Alan
- You can stop S#$%#y Little Dog Syndrome by Bridget Pilloud
It was *tough* to come to a decision on these. We received a LOT of really good talk ideas, and there was a lot of debate on which ones we could fit on stage. If you submitted a talk idea and didn’t get picked, know that your talk was probably one of the ones we debated and argued over, and in the end, just didn’t have room for. Could you submit it again next time? Thanks. 🙂
We also want to say a special “thank you” to those who took the time to come to our first ever open Town Hall meeting, to discuss the talk ideas, and to all those who left private comments for the organizers. Your feedback was very, very helpful as we asked ourselves “what does the Ignite Portland community want to see on stage at IP6?”
It’s officially time to start getting excited. Ignite Portland 6 is only a month and a half away! Speaking of which, there’s still plenty of time to get involved as a sponsor (100% of funds go to putting on the event, which is completely sponsor funded). Check out our Sponsorships page for all the details if you or your company would like to sponsor Ignite Portland 6. It’s (relatively) painless, and we couldn’t do this without you.
Mark your calendars for July 16th, and stay tuned for more info!