And now, the moment you’ve all been waiting for…
I’ll spare you the details on the agonizing deliberations undertaken by your humble Ignite Portland organizers in narrowing down the field of great talk ideas for IP7. We love our “jobs”. 🙂
Here’s what you *really* want to know – what are the talks you’re going to see on stage on November 19? Wait no longer – here’s the talk lineup for Ignite Portland 7 (not in final speaking order):
- Rick Huddle – Why we love DB Cooper
- Mike McClure – Roasting Coffee at Home: It’s easier than you think!
- Clifton B – Why Highway Communication Sucks and How We Can Make It Suck Less
- Michael Weinberg – Thanksgiving 2.0
- Jason Duerr – Pump Up Your Volume: Building a Pirate Radio Station
- Crystal Beasley – Ecstatics, Zealots & Mass Hysteria : How we collectively lose our minds
- Douglas Wolk – Kant’s “Critique of Aesthetic Judgement”: Drastically Condensed Awesome Version
- Adam DuVander – The Donkey Man is not on Facebook
- Colleen Wainwright – My bloody epiphany
- Phil Earnhardt – Robots Growing Up: The Future of Robotic Movement
- Marcus Miller – How to cultivate a wisdom of craft.
- Lou Alvis – Human Systems Analysis. What Are People Doing?
- Curtis C. Chen – How to Solve Any Puzzle in Less Than 47 Minutes
- Kelly Jo Horton – Confessions of a Dating Ninja
- Brett Stern – Rural mailboxes
- Elena Moon – How to Capture and Eat Your First Roadkill Deer
- Ward Cunningham – Becoming Bike Oriented
- Randal Schwartz – Karaoke for fun and profit
- Christian Howes – Inappropriate terms to use in an American business meeting if you are a brit!
- Kent Bye – The Resurgence of Hula Hooping
Notice anything different this time around? No, we didn’t change the font we use for the blog. We threw in some bonus talks! You’ll get 20 awesome Ignite talks for the price of the usual 18 (17, if you count the traditional “What is Ignite?” talk, which we’re skipping this time, because frankly, if you don’t know what Ignite is by then, you’ll pick it up *really* quickly :-). And by “price”, of course we mean “free”.
Excited? We are. Talk-wise, this is the biggest Ignite Portland we’ve ever done. And no “quantity over quality” here! These are some of the finest burning ideas we’ve seen. All in all, it’s going to be a great night.
So mark your calendars, make your plans, and come on down to the Bagdad on November 19 (free admission, doors open at 5:30PM) so we can Ignite Portland for the seventh time!