The competition was brutal, the choices were tough, but the moment you’ve all been waiting for has arrived! The field has been narrowed and out of the breach come 20 awesome talks to be presented for Ignite Portland 10 on February 9th, 2012!
In no particular order:
- Angela Stacklin – How to turn a fairytale romance into reality
- Brad Fortier – The Human Brain on Improvised Theater
- Brandt Stickley – Creating Gift Economy in 5 Easy Steps
- Clifton B – What startups can learn from the yo-yo community
- Sarah Stricker - Your Memories Are Etched in Jello
- Curtis C. Chen – A Homebrew Cat Feeding Robot
- Ním Wunnan – Presenting on Presenting
- Amy Dubin – This is Tea!
- Mary Anne Thygesen – Foreclosure Carols
- Nitya Wakhlu – Graphic Recording: What it is and why you should care
- Willem Larsen – Language Hunting: Let’s Save Endangered Languages Now By All Becoming Instant Polyglots
- Ember Stevens – How to Impress a Librarian
- David V. Horste – Queen Coal Technology
- Denise Rothman – My Pet Slug
- Kevin Murphy – Application of Time Management Principles to Catching an Airplane
- Garin Etcheberry – Our obligation to be radical
- Bridget Pilloud – The Sociology of Cute (Or, the Survival of the Adorablest)
- Jolie Guillebeau – Why Anyone Can Draw (and Tools to Prove It)
- Josh Marinacci – The Hogwarts Textbook
Again, thank you thank you thank you, to all of you who submitted! It takes courage to share your ideas, but even if your idea wasn’t chosen this time, don’t worry! Ignite Portland will be back and we would love it for you to resubmit your talk next time.
Mark up those calendars for February 9th at the Bagdad Theater and get ready to share in some burning ideas.
For everyone else, we always need some handy day-of volunteers! If you want to lend a hand and keep everything running smoothly, please pop over to our volunteer page and sign up!
We’re excited, how about you?