Ignite Portland 10 is upon us! On Thursday evening of February 9th we will be congregating at the Bagdad Theater for some great company and stellar talks. Admission is free, of course, and you won’t want to miss this one!
If this is your first IgnitePDX or even your tenth (whoo! double digits!), we’re sure you will still want some guidelines for how to make it a great night:
- Doors Open at 5:00 PM for those with OFB donations. We are partnering this year with the Oregon Food Bank to get some donations out to those in need. Bring a can or two and get in early!
- Doors Open at 5:45 PM for everyone else – as usual, No Ticket Needed. As of IP7, we’ve done away with the ticket system. Too complicated. Just come on down, and we’ll let people in until the Fire Marshall says we can’t anymore.
- Overflow next door at Back Stage. If you’d rather take in the proceedings in the Back Stage bar environment next door to the Bagdad, we’ll be showing the talks on the big projection screen there.
- Live Video Stream. As has become tradition, we’ll have a live video stream of the night’s proceedings. Come back here to IgnitePortland.com on the night of and you’ll see a stream where you can watch LIVE and hang out in the chat with the other cool kids who are watching. This is for our friends who couldn’t make it in person to the Bagdad, and for any Ignite PDX fans out of town.
- Please, No Seat Saving. We know you’re excited to watch the show with all your friends. And maybe they couldn’t make it down as early as you did. But it’s not fair for one person to squat on a whole bunch of seats with coats, etc. so their friends can saunter in late. Please don’t be a jerk about this. We’ll have ushers milling about to help you remember. We want everyone to have a fair chance at getting a good seat. It’s fine to hold a seat for yourself, so you can get up and order drinks/food, but if your friends come a little later, they’ll have to find their own seats. It’s only fair. Thanks for understanding.
- Keep the Beer/Food Lines Moving. One of the awesome things about the Badgad Theater is you can your favorite beverage with a slice of pizza, a burger, or some cajun tots in the lobby, and have ’em bring it right to you inside the theater! Please do order as much food and drink as you’d like. Just try to keep the lines moving smoothly. Doors open at 5:00 PM, but the show doesn’t start until 7PM. The smart patrons will get themselves some food before the show at a nearby restaurant (hint hint).
- After Party at Back Stage. Everyone loves a good after party. And you’re all invited to Back Stage Bar, right next door to the Bagdad Theater to compare notes with your friends about your favorite IP10 talk, and start rustling up ideas for the killer talk idea you’re going to submit for IP11. Or, just come hang out and have a drink. Back Stage closes at 12AM.
- Follow @IgnitePortland and Tag Your Stuff “ip10″ and/or “igniteportland”. Make sure you’re following the@IgnitePortland account on Twitter – we’ll be using it for real time updates on things like how much seating is left, night-of event announcements, etc. And tag your tweets, pics, videos, and whatever else with ip10 and/or igniteportland to make it easier for everyone to follow the backchannel, and find the bits that you generate.
- Volunteer at the Oregon Food Bank. As part of our partnership with the Oregon Food Bank, Ignite Portland has signed up for a group volunteer shift Saturday, February 18. Come lend a hand and help give back to the community! For more information and to sign up, click here!
The time is almost upon us! The organizers are stoked, volunteers are ready, and the speakers are probably nervous. But we know it’s going to be great. So come join us at the Bagdad Thursday night, and let’s Ignite Portland for the tenth time!