With our next session of Ignite Portland fast approaching its time to go over some useful tips and points to help you make the most of this term’s event, so come Wednesday September 19th, you’ll we ready and willing to make it one of the greatest Ignites yet!
- Can’t make it? Catch the Live Stream. Like previous years we will be showing a live video stream of the event for those who can’t quite make it down. The night of the big show we will be posting the video up right here at IgnitePortland.org and you can watch LIVE or just chat in the livechat with the other remoters.
- Doors Open at 5:00 PM for those with OFB donations. We are partnering this year with the Oregon Food Bank to get some donations out to those in need. Bring a can or two and get in early!
- Doors Open at 5:45 PM for everyone else – as usual, No Ticket Needed. As of IP7, we’ve done away with the ticket system. Too complicated. Just come on down, and we’ll let people in until the Fire Marshall says we can’t anymore.
- Please, No Seat Saving. We know you’re excited to watch the show with all your friends. And maybe they couldn’t make it down as early as you did. But it’s not fair for one person to squat on a whole bunch of seats with coats, etc. so their friends can saunter in late. Please don’t be a jerk about this. We’ll have ushers milling about to help you remember. We want everyone to have a fair chance at getting a good seat. It’s fine to hold a seat for yourself, so you can get up and order drinks/food, but if your friends come a little later, they’ll have to find their own seats. It’s only fair.
- Keep the Beer/Food Lines Moving. Yes, we want you all nice and full of a few slices of pizza and a couple pints both before and during the show, but just make sure you keep the line moving and we can make sure everyone gets the food they need. Perhaps even get a real meal earlier at a nearby restaurant then? *hint hint*
- Afterparty at Backstage Bar. As per usual we will be having a grand ol’ time at the Backstage Bar (directly behind the Bagdad) right after the show, so make sure to stop in and have some fun with us! Backstage closes at midnight.
- Follow @IgnitePortland on twitter and tag all your stuff with “#ip11″ and “#igniteportland” (maybe both just to be safe). Keep the conversation going online and keep the flow going.
We’re excited, how about you?