We had an amazing Ignite Portland 12 in November 2013, and now have all the video posted on the Stumptown Syndicate YouTube channel.
In case you missed any of the speakers or want to revisit any of the great slides, you can watch them all:
This was the first time we had an Ignite Portland at the Hollywood Theatre, which is a slightly smaller venue than in years past, so we unfortunately did have to turn a few people away after we reached full capacity. We always post videos of the speakers, though. Be sure to check out the archives of past Ignite Portland events as well.
It’s that time again! Tomorrow night, Thursday, November 14th, we will be opening the doors at the glorious Hollywood Theatre for the twelfth Ignite Portland! Here are a few important things you need to know to make the most of your night. Let’s make this Ignite another great event!
- We have some great talks lined up. You can check out the updated line-up to see the final list of talks, in the order they’ll be presented.
- The event is at the Hollywood Theatre. Remember, this year we’ve changed venues from our old alma-mater, the Bagdad (which isn’t doing rentals anymore), to the Hollywood Theatre. Come enjoy incredible beverages, delightful concessions, pizza, and check out their gorgeous new marquee.
- Seating is still first-come, first-serve. An RSVP is NOT a guarantee of a seat. We decided to try out RSVPs this year to get a better idea of attendance at our new venue and the response was staggering. We’ve got around 300 seats available for Ignite, and over 650 people RSVP’d, so it’s definitely best to show up early. We’ll keep a close eye on the numbers and make sure to announce as soon as we know we’re at capacity, both in-person and on Twitter. If you don’t make it in, see below for how to watch the event in real-time online via our live stream.
- Speaking of coming early, doors open at 5:00 PM with a food donation for Oregon Food Bank. We are partnering again this year with the OFB to gather food for those in need. Bring a can or two and get in early! They have a list of most wanted foods and you can always stop by Whole Foods or Trader Joe’s, mere blocks from the Hollywood.
- Doors open at 5:45 PM for everyone else. If you don’t have time to grab a food donation, we’ll start letting anyone in at 5:45.
- Please, no saving seats. We know you’re excited to watch the show with all your friends. And maybe they couldn’t make it down as early as you did. But it’s not fair for one person to squat on a whole bunch of seats with coats so their friends can saunter in late, and if we see this happening we will step in. Please don’t be a jerk about this—we want everyone to have a fair chance at getting a good seat. It’s fine to hold a seat for yourself, so you can get up and order drinks/food.
- Follow @IgnitePortland on Twitter for updates, and tag all your stuff with #ip12.
- We strive to make Ignite Portland a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all. Please review our Code of Conduct and help us create safe and positive experiences for everyone.
- Join us after the show at Velo Cult. After the show we’ll be moseying over to Velo Cult, across Sandy and around the corner on 42nd. Come hobnob with our speakers, hang out, and be merry.
- Can’t make it? Catch the live stream. Like previous years we will be showing a live video stream of the event for those who can’t make it out or just can’t get a seat after we fill up. When the stream goes live, we’ll post it front and center right here at IgnitePortland.org.
Special thanks go out to our sponsors: 32° Digital, brytCAST, The Hollywood Theatre, Maids by Trade, PDX POP NOW!, and the Social Venture Society for helping us keep Ignite free and amazing.
Ignite Portland is a production of Stumptown Syndicate, a Portland-based nonprofit dedicated to creating resilient, radically inclusive tech and maker communities that empower positive change.
We’re pretty excited, how about you?
We’re still finalizing the date for Ignite Portland 12, but it will be this fall. We’ll announce the date soon!
In the meantime, why don’t you mosey on over to our Proposals page and submit your talk today!
Got a burning idea you want to share for 5 minutes on stage at the Bagdad? We want to hear about it.
What Startups can Learn from the Yo-Yo Community
Photo copyright 2012 Hockley Photography
With our next session of Ignite Portland fast approaching its time to go over some useful tips and points to help you make the most of this term’s event, so come Wednesday September 19th, you’ll we ready and willing to make it one of the greatest Ignites yet!
- Can’t make it? Catch the Live Stream. Like previous years we will be showing a live video stream of the event for those who can’t quite make it down. The night of the big show we will be posting the video up right here at IgnitePortland.org and you can watch LIVE or just chat in the livechat with the other remoters.
- Doors Open at 5:00 PM for those with OFB donations. We are partnering this year with the Oregon Food Bank to get some donations out to those in need. Bring a can or two and get in early!
- Doors Open at 5:45 PM for everyone else – as usual, No Ticket Needed. As of IP7, we’ve done away with the ticket system. Too complicated. Just come on down, and we’ll let people in until the Fire Marshall says we can’t anymore.
- Please, No Seat Saving. We know you’re excited to watch the show with all your friends. And maybe they couldn’t make it down as early as you did. But it’s not fair for one person to squat on a whole bunch of seats with coats, etc. so their friends can saunter in late. Please don’t be a jerk about this. We’ll have ushers milling about to help you remember. We want everyone to have a fair chance at getting a good seat. It’s fine to hold a seat for yourself, so you can get up and order drinks/food, but if your friends come a little later, they’ll have to find their own seats. It’s only fair.
- Keep the Beer/Food Lines Moving. Yes, we want you all nice and full of a few slices of pizza and a couple pints both before and during the show, but just make sure you keep the line moving and we can make sure everyone gets the food they need. Perhaps even get a real meal earlier at a nearby restaurant then? *hint hint*
- Afterparty at Backstage Bar. As per usual we will be having a grand ol’ time at the Backstage Bar (directly behind the Bagdad) right after the show, so make sure to stop in and have some fun with us! Backstage closes at midnight.
- Follow @IgnitePortland on twitter and tag all your stuff with “#ip11″ and “#igniteportland” (maybe both just to be safe). Keep the conversation going online and keep the flow going.
We’re excited, how about you?