It’s that time again! Tomorrow night, Thursday, November 14th, we will be opening the doors at the glorious Hollywood Theatre for the twelfth Ignite Portland! Here are a few important things you need to know to make the most of your night. Let’s make this Ignite another great event!
- We have some great talks lined up. You can check out the updated line-up to see the final list of talks, in the order they’ll be presented.
- The event is at the Hollywood Theatre. Remember, this year we’ve changed venues from our old alma-mater, the Bagdad (which isn’t doing rentals anymore), to the Hollywood Theatre. Come enjoy incredible beverages, delightful concessions, pizza, and check out their gorgeous new marquee.
- Seating is still first-come, first-serve. An RSVP is NOT a guarantee of a seat. We decided to try out RSVPs this year to get a better idea of attendance at our new venue and the response was staggering. We’ve got around 300 seats available for Ignite, and over 650 people RSVP’d, so it’s definitely best to show up early. We’ll keep a close eye on the numbers and make sure to announce as soon as we know we’re at capacity, both in-person and on Twitter. If you don’t make it in, see below for how to watch the event in real-time online via our live stream.
- Speaking of coming early, doors open at 5:00 PM with a food donation for Oregon Food Bank. We are partnering again this year with the OFB to gather food for those in need. Bring a can or two and get in early! They have a list of most wanted foods and you can always stop by Whole Foods or Trader Joe’s, mere blocks from the Hollywood.
- Doors open at 5:45 PM for everyone else. If you don’t have time to grab a food donation, we’ll start letting anyone in at 5:45.
- Please, no saving seats. We know you’re excited to watch the show with all your friends. And maybe they couldn’t make it down as early as you did. But it’s not fair for one person to squat on a whole bunch of seats with coats so their friends can saunter in late, and if we see this happening we will step in. Please don’t be a jerk about this—we want everyone to have a fair chance at getting a good seat. It’s fine to hold a seat for yourself, so you can get up and order drinks/food.
- Follow @IgnitePortland on Twitter for updates, and tag all your stuff with #ip12.
- We strive to make Ignite Portland a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all. Please review our Code of Conduct and help us create safe and positive experiences for everyone.
- Join us after the show at Velo Cult. After the show we’ll be moseying over to Velo Cult, across Sandy and around the corner on 42nd. Come hobnob with our speakers, hang out, and be merry.
- Can’t make it? Catch the live stream. Like previous years we will be showing a live video stream of the event for those who can’t make it out or just can’t get a seat after we fill up. When the stream goes live, we’ll post it front and center right here at IgnitePortland.org.
Ignite Portland is a production of Stumptown Syndicate, a Portland-based nonprofit dedicated to creating resilient, radically inclusive tech and maker communities that empower positive change.
We’re pretty excited, how about you?